Sweet and smooth with stone fruit, caramel, praline, syrupy body. This espresso blend currently consists of: Indonesia Java Klasik honey, Colombia El Penol and Brazil Niquinho
In Standart Issue 9, Erin invites you to join her as she shares NYC’s longstanding obsession with consuming coffee in record breaking amounts. Erin Meister is a longtime coffee professional and journalist who just published her first book, New York City Coffee: A Caffeinated History. Chapter Coffee. Issue 9 begins with a simple question, “what even is a latte?” However, the answer is a bit more complex as we examine the growing trend of rainbow lattes, discuss the material coffee from an academic perspective, explore the region of Myanmar, and ponder the origins and meaning of “specialty coffee” Chapter People. After getting the chance to hang out with 2016 US Barista Champion Lem Butler at the London Coffee Festival, we knew we had to get a conversation down in print. A man that’s had his mind picked about coffee competitions by everyone in the biz, we settled into talk on music, vibes, family, and what’s next for Lem. Chapter World. Aside from quality offerings and genuine hospitality, there are also more subtle factors that make up the appeal of a coffee shop. We talk architecture, color palettes, lighting, and seating with Lea Mičudová and Michal Mačuda of BONBON, a top-of-the-game architecture firm in the Czech Republic.
Compact and light weight, this new style handle Porlex Ceramic Burr Coffee Grinder is the perfect hand grinder for travel or home use.
- 47mm diameter, 130mm tall
- Lifted curved handle is about 150mm long
- Hopper Capacity about 22 grams of coffee beans
- Grind rate is about 200 turns for 14 grams of beans through the espresso range
- Full adjustment Turkish powder to French Press coarse
- Very quiet static free operation with effortless turning force required to grind
- Bottom catch cup allows direct dosing into portafilter, no additional funnels needed
- Class leading Handle design (patent pending)
- Ceramic conical burr
- Made in Kagoshima, Japan.
- English instructions included.
Plum sweetness with notes of grape, stewed apple and honey. Owners: Various Small Producers Region: Caranavi Province Variety: Various Process: Coffee Cherry Dried on Raised Screens Altitude: 1,500 - 1,800 masl Country: Bolivia A rare and delicious tea, which reveals yet another taste dimension to the coffee cherry. The name cascara comes from the spanish cáscara, which means husk. When the cascara of the coffee cherry is dried carefully it can be steeped to produce an aromatic and lovely tea. Brew Method: 1. Use 7g of Cáscara per 220ml at off the boil temperature. 2. Brew for 4 to 5 minutes in a French press 3. Drain, discard the pulp and enjoy the tea! *Cascara can also be cold brewed and served as an iced tea
Standart Issue 8 gets off to a cracking start with a seriously amazing coffee popsicle recipe. Barista educator and café consultant Eden-Marie Abramowicz shows us some southern hospitality in Atlanta, and Coffee Supreme’s supremely charming Al Keating checks in from New Zealand to give us a few tips on being a good boss. Coffee Issue 8 gets off to a cracking start with our coffee chapter where you’ll try a seriously amazing coffee popsicle recipe, read a primer on how to trade coffee, and learn about Costa Rica. People Barista educator and café consultant Eden-Marie Abramowicz shows us some southern hospitality in Atlanta, and Coffee Supreme’s supremely charming Al Keating checks in from New Zealand to give us a few tips on being a good boss. World Join us for a Negroni at award-winning London cocktail bar Bar Termini and talk to proprietors Marco and Tony about service, heritage, and experience. In our latest instalment of fiction writing, follow a blossoming romance over four cups of coffee, before finally landing in Berlin, the spotlight city of this issue.
This stainless steel coffee disk is a reusable filter designed to be used with the AeroPress Coffee Maker. This allows more oils and a fuller bodied cup of coffee when used with the AeroPress. Eliminates the need for paper filters, which is especially convenient when travelling.
- Fits AeroPress Coffee & Espresso Maker
- The DISK Coffee Filter is a reusable filter designed to be used with the AeroPress Coffee Maker
- Designed for heavy use and is very hard to bend/damage.
- Made in USA by Able Brewing. All packaging is post-consumer recycled and FSC certified
For use with brands such as Hario, Kalita, Moccamaster and other V-shaped drippers.
- The white (bleached) filters are high quality products manufactured from special compound paper and are completely free of taste and smell
- Bonded without the use of any glues or chemicals, and certified dioxin-free
- Paper approved by the International Food and Drug Administration
- Made in Holland
Brews directly into a thermos carafe, 1.25L (10 cup) stainless steel thermal carafe with brew-thru-lid. The carafe comes with two lids, a mixing lid and a travel lid. Leave the mixing lid in the carafe after brewing. It will keep the coffee hot and it will pour perfectly. The travel lid is used when you take the carafe with you. All plastics are BPA/ BPS free and each brewer contains removable parts for cleaning, long-term maintenance and replacement of parts.
- Brew time 4-6 minutes
- Brews at consistent 196°-205° with a pulse action that allows for the perfect coffee bloom during extraction process
- Automatically shuts off after brew cycle is complete, or when water reservoir is empty
- Manual adjust drip-stop brew-basket, with stainless steel thermal carafe
This is a dripper made from stainless steel with a fun wave pattern that has a sense of cleanliness. Cone Width: 76.2mm Collar Width: 101.6mm Height: 50.8mm Weight: 82g Material: Dishwasher safe stainless steel
- Ideal for 1-2 cup
- Made in Japan
Make from one to four cups per pressing. Each pressing only takes about a minute, so you can serve a houseful of guests in a few minutes. Just follow these easy steps -
- Remove the plunger and the cap from the chamber.
- Put a micro-filter inside the cap and twist the cap onto the chamber.
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug.
- Put ground coffee into the chamber - one scoop for each espresso or five ounce cup, up to a maximum of four scoops.
- Pack contains 350 Aeropress microfilters, which should last for months.
- The Micro-filter removes grit, unlike other press-type coffee makers.
- The filters are designed for use with the AeroPress, an entirely new way to make coffee.
- Water and grounds are mixed together for 10 seconds, then gentle air pressure pushes the mix through a micro-filter in just 20 seconds.