On December 12, 1715, Francisca Salazar, the daughter of a very wealthy Spanish landowner called Francisco de Salazar y Barrios y Petronilla Valdes, donated three hectares of land from her hacienda to erect a town that would be named to honour the Virgin of Guadalupe. Tragically, a huge earthquake struck in 1827 and destroyed the town. A year later, the town was rebuilt and renamed “Guadalupe”. Four coffee growers came together with the idea of creating an association with the objective of improving their income and their quality of life through the joint
commercialisation of their coffees. They wanted to export high volumes, achieve higher prices and gain recognition for the quality of their coffee.
This coffee is a traditional fully washed process and fermentation for 14-24 hours, in micro-mills at each farm. Grown under shade of Plantain, Chachafruto, Guamo and Nogal trees. Dried using parabolic and roof patios.